Unique Dental Gifts for Father’s Day
September 1st is the day we recognise all of the wonderful Dads out there by wishing them a Happy Father’s Day.
In recognition of this special time, Forster Dental Centre wants to do our part to help you recognise your Dad with a great gift.
Don’t settle on another tie or BBQ equipment – instead, give your Dad a gift for his dental health!
Compared to women men are:
- Less likely to brush their teeth twice a day
- More likely to develop gum disease
- More likely to develop oral cancer
So do the right thing – go dental for Dad!
Here are our suggestions.
Water Flosser: If your Dad is stubborn about flossing, a water flosser can be a great gift. A water flosser uses water to remove plaque and tartar buildup between teeth.
Water flossers clear plaque and tartar from the smallest pits and grooves in the smile and from around dental restorations and appliances. Water flossers get a type of flossing back into Dad’s oral health routine that doesn’t hurt and isn’t difficult.
Electric Toothbrush: Another great dental tool to help your dad keep his mouth clean and smile gleaming.
- Help prevent and reverse gingivitis for a healthier mouth.
- Stimulate gums and remove the maximum amount of plaque with less effort.
- Rechargeable, designed to give you triple-cleaning action.
- Are electric, which is pretty cool!
- Wraps around teeth to clean those hard-to-reach spots, making your Dad and Forster Dental Centre happy.
A DIY Mouthwash Holder: Many Dads like the thoughtfulness and handiwork involved in do-it-yourself gifts. You can be as creative as you want and support your Dad’s dental health with a DIY mouthwash dispenser.
The options here are endless, as a Google search will indicate. Mouthwash holders can be made from jars of any kind or fill his favourite drink bottle with his preferred mouthwash of choice. A quick search of Pinterest will reveal dozens of clever ways to make DIY liquid holders!
Bizarre Dental Floss Collection. If your dad doesn’t like the flavour of his dental floss, make him a gift basket of interesting flosses. Interesting flosses we have seen include:
- Cupcake Frosting Flavored Dental Floss
- Justin Bieber Dental Floss
- Bacon Flavored Dental Floss
- Absinthe Flavored Dental Floss
- Pumpkin Spice Flavored Dental Floss
- Pickle Flavored Dental Floss
- Salad Flavored Dental Floss
- Ranch Dressing Flavored Dental Floss
- Banana Flavored, Monkey Dental Floss
- Cat Food Flavored Dental Floss
Teeth Whitening: Why not reverse some of the effects of aging, and give your dad a stunning smile for Father’s Day.
Teeth whitening is no longer just for celebrities; in fact, many people having their teeth whitened, particularly as they age. As he ages a variety of lifestyle factors can darken your Dad’s smile.
- drinking red wine
- drinking tea and coffee
- drinking soft drinks and highly acidic foods
- taking medications
- gum disease
- genetic health conditions, or
- inadequate oral hygiene
Forster Dental Centre has a dedicated team focused on providing quality teeth whitening solutions to the residents in Forster, Tuncurry and surrounding areas. Forster Dentist Dr Oxenbould offers an array of tooth whitening options, including in chair teeth whitening as well as at-home tooth whitening kits.
- Comfortable, safe and effective options
- Quick, noticeable and permanent improvements to your teeth and smile
- Greater confidence and self-esteem
- A beautiful smile encourages you to take better care of your teeth and makes oral hygiene a priority
Other options for your Dad: To ensure your oral health and the beauty of your smile, Dr Oxenbould offers a variety of other cosmetic dentistry services using the latest techniques and procedures, all at an affordable price. Here are some of our attractive options:
- Porcelain Veneers: Dental veneers are crafted from medical-grade materials and affixed to the front of your teeth. They fix cosmetic problems, ranging from crooked teeth to gaps, to cracked or damaged enamel.
- Dentures: If your Dad is missing some or all of his teeth, consider dentures. Forster Dental Centre fabricates dentures along with other premium quality restorative dentistry equipment.
- Dental Implants & Mini-Implants: Implants are almost indistinguishable from natural teeth. Your dad will be able to enjoy everyday activities such as laughing and eating with a preserved facial structure; so that he looks as young as he feels!
Your local dentist – Forster Dental Centre
At Forster Dental Centre, we provide each patient with the care that allows them to maintain healthy teeth and a beautiful smile for life! We offer an extensive range of dental services from preventative dentistry to restorative dental options along with the latest in cosmetic dentistry solutions for straighter and whiter teeth.
We pride ourselves on listening to the needs and concerns of all our patients and aim to provide you with the personalised attention you and your family deserves.