Zirconia Crowns Forster
At Forster Dental Centre, we always go beyond the status quo. We make sure to provide multiple options for our patients to choose from.
For teeth that need restoration, our restorative dentistry options offer durable solutions.
Restoring your teeth’s bite and beauty through dental crowns is possible with high-quality zirconia crowns.
Read on to learn more about their advantage over regular dental crowns.
What are Zirconia Crowns?
Zirconia (zirconium dioxide) is a white, powdered metal oxide. Just like porcelain dental crowns, zirconia crowns are ceramic but have qualities similar to titanium.
Zirconia crowns are durable and perfect to use as posterior crowns, which require great strength for chewing and grinding. Zirconia is also chemically unreactive; hence unresponsive to any chemical changes in the mouth.
Benefits of Zirconia Crowns
Zirconia crowns are trusted by dentists for their notable benefits such as:
- More durable compared to regular crowns (about 5 times stronger)
- High fracture toughness
- Resist oxidation
- Chemically unreactive
- Resist hot and cold temperatures in the mouth
- Easily modified (reshaped)
- No metal base needed
- Lesser tooth enamel removal
- Resist stains better than porcelain crowns
- Biocompatible (can stay longer in the mouth)
Once it has been established that you are an ideal candidate, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth.
The impression is sent to a leading Australian Boutique Dental laboratory where the crowns will be created. A mould is made from the impression of your teeth and is then cut into sections and scanned using a laser.
Technicians from our trusted Australian Boutique Dental laboratory will design your crowns based on the mould. Once the zirconia crowns are created, they are fitted and cemented to the tooth.
Dental Problems Solved by Zirconia Crowns
A zirconia crown works like a regular dental crown. It “caps” a damaged tooth or an implant (in some cases). It is ideal for the following dental problems:
- Severely worn or cracked teeth
- Broken tooth
- As conjunction with other restorations such as dental implants, bridges, and root canal surgery
- Protect a cracked tooth from further breakage or damage
- To keep the structural integrity of a tooth filling that has reduced too much tooth structure
- Unattractive teeth shape and colour
Zirconia Crowns in Forster
Upgrade from regular dental crowns to zirconia crowns to enjoy more benefits. At Forster Dental Centre, we provide quality dentistry and personalised service for patient satisfaction.
Zirconia Crowns in Forster
We are located at 1st Floor Forster Tower, 12 Wallis St in Forster.