National Children’s Week at Forster Dental Centre
As part of National Children’s Week (starting 18–26 October), your Forster dentist wants everyone to know that if children have healthy teeth, they have a great chance of having them for life and avoiding dental disease.
National Children’s Week is celebrated annually in the 4th week in October and focuses on children, their needs, and achievements.
In support of National Children’s Week, Forster Dental Centre shares the importance of looking after your children’s teeth from an early age.
Care for Your Child’s Oral Health — Tips for Parents
Children must learn how to look after their teeth and gums from a young age.
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Forster dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Forster Dental Centre Can Help
Protecting your child’s oral health is important for their wellbeing during Children’s Week and beyond.
At Forster Dental Centre, we welcome the opportunity to care for the smiles of our young patients.
Our dental team enjoys working with parents and children to protect those beautiful smiles at our office in the Forster area.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Forster
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 1st Floor Forster Tower, 12 Wallis St in Forster.